Universal Fiber Optic Modem – Model 2340
- Serial Data and Telephony Interfaces to 2.048 Mbps
- Interchangeable, Hot Swappable User Interfaces
- Powerful Management and Security Features
- Internal, External, and Slave Clocking Modes
- KIV and KG Encryption Equipment Support
- Local and Remote Loopback Diagnostics
- Multimode, Single Mode and CWDM Optics Options
- Rack Mount and Standalone Enclosure for Central and Remote Locations
- Continuous, Non-intrusive BERT Test to Monitor the Communications Link
- NEBS Level 3 Tested and Certified for Assured Performance and Safety
2340 Application Overview
Reliable transport of user traffic is key to customer satisfaction. Just as important is the ability to meet a variety of applications and circuit configurations quickly and economically. The 2340 Universal Fiber Optic Modem has redundancy, resilience and flexibility built-in. With a variety of plug-in electrical interfaces, Single Mode, Multimode, 1310nm, 1550nm, CWDM and Single Fiber optics options, you have just about every situation covered. The 2340 supports Redundant Modem operation, protecting not only the Fiber Optic Path, but also Modem Hardware failures. Just what you need for those critical, must stay up applications.
Configurable control leads action/pass thru and interface conversion capabilities support a variety of applications and circuit placement. The 2340 Universal modem link can be the circuit, or used to extend the circuit from the application to another transmission system such as Satellite, Microwave or the Public Network. Special clocking and control lead options specifically address Red Side and Black Side Crypto requirements.
Comprehensive management for remote configuration, status monitoring and quick problem isolation is key to providing reliable services for a wide range of applications such as:
- Enhancing InforSec/CommSec between the Crypto Equipment and the Application or communications facility
- Linking Voice and Internet Traffic to District Headquarters
- Transport of Critical Traffic 100Km or more
The 2340’s comprehensive management suite provides you the tools to keep applications up and running. The 2340 implements Canoga Perkins’ SideBand Management Channel (SBMC) for continuous management communication with the distant modem, or modems if in the redundant configuration. SideBand Management Channel resides outside the user data stream on the fiber, providing management communication without any disruption to the user’s traffic. Management connectivity is key to redundant modem operation. Management communication paths between local modems and SideBand Management Channel allow all four modems to communicate with each other and coordinate actions. The SideBand Management Channel is used on both fiber paths, allowing full management communication even in the event of a fiber failure on one of the links. This provides Network Management Personnel full access and visibility at all times, allowing them to quickly respond to situations.
The 2340’s Serial Data (RS-232, RS-449, RS-530, V.35) and Telephony (T-1, E-1) interfaces combined with flexible clocking, control lead, interface conversion capabilities and comprehensive management maximize network availability, ease of deployment, and rapid problem resolution. You get reduced CAPX and OPEX costs, greater user satisfaction, and increased overall success.
Model 2340 User Port Interfaces Options – Interface Modules (ELIMs)
- Multi-Interface RS-232, RS-423, RS-422/RS-530 and Programmable Buffered Interface on a DB25 Connector
- RS-422/RS-449 on a DB-37 Connector with Control Lead Support
- RS-422/RS-530 on a DB25 Connector
- RS-422 on Twinax Connectors
- TTL on BNC Connectors
- T-1 on a DA-15 Connector
- T-1 on a RJ-48 Jack
- E-1 on a DA-15 Connector
- E-1 on a RJ-48 Jack
- RS-422/RS-449 on a DB-37 Connector, Clock and Data Only
- Mil-188-114A on Twinax Connectors
Model 2340 Network Port Interfaces Options
- Many Optical Interfaces are Available including Multimode, Short to Extended Reach Single Mode, Single Fiber BiDI and CWDM. Please Contact Your Canoga Perkins Representative for Additional Information.