Universal Fiber Optic Modem – Model 2240
The 2240 is an economical Universal Fiber Optic Modem for transporting serial data, T-1 and E-1 signals. Canoga Perkins designs flexibility into almost every product and the 2240 is no exception. Field interchangeable interfaces support a variety of applications and implementations. With data rates up to 2.048 Mbps, they have the flexibility to interface with even the most difficult Crypto interfaces on the Black and Red sides, and circuit extension from wireline and satellite modems and DSUs.
Keeping circuits up and on-line is important for any application. Canoga Perkins’ legendary modem quality speaks to the high availability of 2240 equipped circuits. Local and remote link/modem status and loopback diagnostics minimize downtime when outages occur.
For mission critical applications, the 2240 meets and exceeds the demands made of it by demanding Military and Commercial customers. The 2240 keeps applications running and user satisfaction high.
- Serial Data and Telephony Interfaces to 2.048 Mbps
- Interchangeable Interfaces
- Internal, External, and Slave Clocking Modes
- Pass Thru Control Leads
- KIV and KG Encryption Equipment Support
- Local and Remote Loopback Diagnostics
- Rack Mount and Standalone Version Options for Central and Remote Locations
2240 Application Overview
Reliable transport of user traffic is key to customer satisfaction. Just as important is the ability to meet a variety of applications and circuit configurations quickly and economically. The 2240 Universal Fiber Optic Modem has resiliency and flexibility built-in. With a variety of interchangeable electrical interfaces along with Single Mode and Multimode optics options, there is a 2240 configuration meeting your requirements.
Configurable control leads action/pass thru and interface conversion capabilities support a variety of applications and circuit placement. The 2240 Universal Modem link can be the circuit, or used to extend the circuit from the application to another transmission system such as Satellite, Microwave or the Public Network. Special clocking and control lead options specifically address Red Side and Black Side Crypto requirements.
Whether your requirements are to enhance InfoSec/ComSec, to link voice, video or Internet traffic to District Headquarters, or to transport critical data, the 2240 maximizes network availability and reduces problem resolution time and efforts. You gain reduced CAPEX and OPEX costs, greater user satisfaction, and increased overall success.
Model 2240 User Port Interfaces Options – Interface Modules
- RS-232, RS-423 (configurable) on a DB25 Connector with Control Lead Support
- RS-422/RS-449 on a DB-37 Connector with Control Lead Support
- RS-422/RS-530 on a DB25 Connector
- V.35 on a MRC-34 Connector with Control Lead Support
- T-1/E-1 on a DA-15 Connector
- T-1/E-1 on a Terminal Strip
- T-1/E-1 on BNC Connectors
- TTL on BNC Connectors
- RS-422 on Twinax Connectors
- Mil-188-114A on Twinax Connectors
- Mil-188-114A on a DB-37 Connector
- Multi-Channel RS-422/RS-449 and RS-423 on DB-37 and DB-25 Connectors
- Multi-Channel V.35 and RS-423 on MRC-34 and DB-25 Connectors
- RS-422/RS-530 with Programmable Buffered Interface on a DB-25 Connector
- No Interface Module Installed
Model 2240 Network Port Interfaces Options
- 850nm 14dB LED, Multimode, ST Connectors
- 1310nm 13dB Laser, Single Mode, ST Connectors
- 1310nm 25dB Laser, Single Mode, ST Connectors