T3 Compact Modem – 2U Model 2346
A cost effective T-3 modem and deployment flexibility are the base features of the 2346 T-3 Fiber Optic Modem. Compact in size, the 2346 deploys at central sites in chassis or remote sites in single unit managed enclosures. Featuring Canoga Perkins’ SideBand Management Channel and an advanced management processor, accessing all configuration, status and diagnostic management functions of the remote 2346 is not disruptive to the user traffic. Aiding circuit installation and field maintenance forces, the 2346 in the 1020 Enclosure provides Ethernet and craft port local management access. Where greater management access security is needed, the 1030e Enclosure houses the 2346 without local management access ports.
Comprehensive management features maximize circuit availability and allow quicker identification and correction of faults when problems occur. The 2346 enables you to use your OPEX and CAPEX more effectively and meet the demands of your users.
- Optically Extends T-3/DS-3 up to 100km
- Transparent to Line Coding, Passes FDL and FEAC Overhead Bits
- Continuous Non-intrusive BERT on Optical Link
- Retimes and Reshapes the DS-3 Signal
- Powerful Management and Security Features
- SideBand Management Channel for Full Non-Interruptive Management of Remote Modem
- Local and Remote Loopback Diagnostics
- Multimode, Single Mode and CWDM Optics Options
- UCS1002 Rack Mount and Standalone Enclosure Mounting for Central and Remote Locations
- 1020 Standalone Managed Enclosure Compatible for Remote Locations
- NEBS Level 3 Tested and Certified for Assured Performance and Safety
2346 Application Overview
Reliable transport of user traffic is key to customer satisfaction. Just as important is the ability to meet a variety of applications and circuit configurations quickly and economically. The 2346 T-3 Fiber Optic Modem has resiliency and flexibility built-in. With a variety of Single Mode, Multimode, 1310nm, 1550nm, CWDM and Single Fiber optics options, the 2346 has optics fitting your needs. The 2346 is a UCS1002 type (2 RU high) modem. Its Advanced Management Processor supports the Ethernet and Serial Management ports of the 1020 Enclosure.
DS-3 circuits are usually not cheap and as a result, used to transport mission/business critical traffic. To minimize downtime, when these high value circuits are out of service, you need the ability to remotely configure, monitor status, and diagnose troubles quickly and without disrupting user traffic. The 2346’s comprehensive management suite provides you the tools to keep services up and running. The 2346 implements Canoga Perkins’ SideBand Management Channel (SBMC) for continuous management communication with the distant modem. SideBand Management Channel resides outside the user data stream on the fiber, providing management communication without any disruption to the user’s traffic. The monitoring and diagnostic features allows quick identification of problem origins.
Whether your requirements are to enhance InfoSec/ComSec, to link voice, video or Internet traffic to District Headquarters, or to transport critical data over 100Km, the 2346’s comprehensive management maximizes network availability and reduces problem resolution time and efforts. You get reduced CAPEX and OPEX costs, greater user satisfaction, and increased overall success.
Model 2346 Network Port Interfaces Options
- Many Optical Interfaces are Available including Multimode, Short to Extended Reach Single Mode, Single Fiber BiDI and CWDM. Please Contact Your Canoga Perkins Representative for Additional Information.