Website Canoga Perkins
About Canoga Perkins:
Canoga is the telecommunications infrastructure leader that powered the deployments of 3G and 4G. Today Canoga is developing the 5G anyhaul solution that will enable fully featured 5G networks to lead the next generation of connectivity for people and machines. Canoga provides its customers with network connectivity solutions that allow them to change the world.
Canoga Perkins is a leader in cutting edge 5G Fronthaul and Backhaul Ethernet transport products. We are looking for a dynamic Manager of Materials and Planning to join our team. This position requires a person who can manage, respond to and coordinate the needs of the Materials, Stockroom, and Planning Units. Can operate under minimal supervision, is self-motivated and a fast learner.
What you’ll do
- Directly involved in the actual work of each unit in a supervisory role with full management authority to act on behalf of, and in consensus with, the Director of the Department.
- Train persons involved to achieve higher levels of proficiency in: Purchasing, Outsourcing, ERP planning and Production Scheduling according to the Lean Manufacturing methodology
- Interact and coordinate Purchasing and Planning with outsourcing companies.
- Directly undertake negotiations and resolve issues with both suppliers as well as outsourcing companies.
- Ensure that the three units stay smoothly coordinated and meshed in a timely fashion, on a daily basis to ensure outsourced product and internal manufacturing happen expeditiously and fast.
- Communicate daily with the Manufacturing Manager and when necessary, other heads of department such as Engineering to resolve issues such as EO’s.
- Ensures that orders are shipped on time.
- Makes sure ERP maintains appropriate inventory levels.
- Evaluate written data such as job orders, product specifications and operations sheets, parts and materials inventory lists, and machine and worker production rates, to establish efficient allocation and scheduling of parts, materials, machines, and sequences of operations and workflow.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
What we’re looking for
- Strong verbal, written and people communication skills and the willingness to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of the Manufacturing and MRP process
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or Master’s Degree a plus; 5-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-7 years of experience.
Canoga Perkins offers an excellent package including paid vacations and medical, dental and vision insurance. Contact Priscilla Navarro (HR) at 818-718-6300.
Canoga Perkins is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.