High Speed Universal Fiber Optic Modem – Model 2370
With serial data and telephony plug-in Electrical Interface Modules, the 2370 High Speed Universal Fiber Optic Modem probably has your needs covered. Canoga Perkins designs flexibility into every product. The User Interfaces are no exception and supports a variety of applications and implementations.
Supporting data rates up to 20 Mbps, they have the flexibility to interface with even the most difficult Crypto interfaces on the Black and Red sides and circuit extension from wireline modems, satellite modems and DSUs.
The 2370 has Canoga Perkins’ advanced management processor and SideBand Management Channel for comprehensive status, configuration and diagnosis of local and remote troubles. This allows not only quick identification, but even helps anticipate problems before they happen. The quicker troubles get identified, the quicker they get resolved, increasing circuit availability and user satisfaction.
- Serial Data and Telephony Interfaces to 20 Mbps
- Interchangeable, Hot Swappable User Interfaces
- Powerful Management and Security Features
- SideBand Management Channel for Full Non-Interruptive Management of Remote Modem
- Local and Remote Loopback Diagnostics
- Internal, External, and Slave Clocking Modes
- KIV and KG Encryption Equipment Support Multimode, Single Mode and CWDM Optics Options
- Rack Mount and Standalone Enclosure Options for Central and Remote Locations
- Continuous, Non-Intrustive BERT Test to Monitor the Communications Link
- NEBS Level 3 Tested and Certified for Assured Performance and Safety
2370 Application Overview
Reliable transport of user traffic is key to customer satisfaction. Just as important is the ability to meet a variety of applications and circuit configurations quickly and economically. The 2370 Universal Fiber Optic Modem has resiliency and flexibility built-in with a variety of plug-in electrical interfaces, Single Mode, Multimode, 1310nm, 1550nm, CWDM and Single Fiber optic options, you have just about every situation covered. The 2370 supports Redundant Modem operation, protecting not only the Fiber Optic Path, but also Modem Hardware failures. Just what you need for those critical, must stay up applications.
Configurable control lead action/pass thru and interface conversion capabilities support a variety of applications and circuit placement. The 2370 Universal modem link can be the entire circuit, or used to extend the circuit from the application to another transmission system such as Satellite, Microwave or the Public Network. Special clocking and control lead options specifically address Red Side and Black Side Crypto requirements.
Comprehensive management for remote configuration, status monitoring and quick problem isolation is key to providing reliable services for a wide range of applications such as:
- Enhancing InforSec/CommSec between the Crypto Equipment and the Application or communications facility
- Linking Voice and Internet Traffic to District Headquarters
- Transport of Critical Traffic 100Km or more
The 2370’s comprehensive management suite provides you the tools to keep services up and running. The 2370 implements Canoga Perkins’ SideBand Management Channel (SBMC) for continuous management communication with the distant modem, or modems if in the redundant configuration. SideBand Management Channel resides outside the user data stream on the fiber, providing management communication without any disruption to the user’s traffic.
Management connectivity is key to redundant modem operation. Management communication paths between local modems and SideBand Management Channel allow all four modems to communicate with each other and coordinate actions. SideBand Management Channel operates on both fiber paths allowing full management communication even in the event of a fiber failure on one of the links. This provides Network Management Personnel full access and visibility at all times, allowing them to quickly respond to situations.
Like the 2340 Modem for slower speed applications (up to 2.048Mbps), the 2370’s High Speed Serial Data (RS-232, RS-449, RS-530, V.35, Twin-Axial) and Telephony (T-1, E-1) interfaces combined with flexible clocking, control lead, interface conversion capabilities and comprehensive management maximize network availability, ease of deployment, and rapid problem resolution. You get reduced CAPEX and OPEX costs, greater user satisfaction, and increased overall success.
Model 2370 User Port Interfaces Options – Interface Modules (ELIMs)
- Multi-Interface RS-232, RS-423, RS-422/RS-530 and P53 Programmable Buffered Interface on a DB25 Connector
- RS-422/RS-449 on a DB-37 Connector with Control Lead Support
- RS-422/RS-530 on a DB25 Connector
- RS-422 on Twinax Connectors
- TTL on BNC Connectors
- T-1 on a DA-15 Connector
- T-1 on a RJ-48 Jack
- E-1 on a DA-15 Connector
- E-1 on a RJ-48 Jack
- RS-422/RS-449 on a DB-37 Connector, Clock and Data Only
- Mil-188-114A on Twinax Connectors
Model 2370 Network Port Interfaces Options
- Many Optical Interfaces are Available including Multimode, Short to Extended Reach Single Mode, Single Fiber BiDI and CWDM. Please Contact Your Canoga Perkins Representative for Additional Information.