High Speed Universal Fiber Optic Modem – Model 2270
The 2270 is an economical High Speed Universal Fiber Optic Modem for transporting serial data, T-1 and E-1 signals. Canoga Perkins designs flexibility into almost every product and the 2270 is no exception. Interchangeable interfaces support a variety of applications and implementations. With data rates up to 20 Mbps, it has the flexibility to interface with even the most difficult Crypto interfaces on the Black and Red sides, and circuit extension from wireline and satellite modems and DSUs.
Keeping circuits up and on-line is important for any application. Canoga Perkins’ legendary modem quality speaks to high availability of 2270 equipped circuits. Local and remote link/modem status and loopback diagnostics minimize downtime when outages occur.
For mission critical applications, the 2270 meets and exceeds the demands made of it by demanding Military and Commercial customers. The 2270 keeps applications running and user satisfaction high.
- Telephony and Serial Data Interfaces to 20 Mbps
- Interchangeable Interfaces
- Internal, External, and Slave Clocking Modes
- Pass Thru Control Leads
- KIV and KG Encryption Equipment and Video Conferencing Support
- Local and Remote Loopback Diagnostics
- Rack Mount and Standalone Version Options for Central and Remote Locations
2270 Application Overview
Reliable transport of user traffic is key to customer satisfaction. Just as important is the ability to meet a variety of applications and circuit configurations quickly and economically. The 2270 High Speed Universal Fiber Optic Modem has resiliency and flexibility built-in. With a variety of field interchangeable electrical interfaces and Single Mode and Multimode optics options. There is a 2270 configuration meeting your requirements.
Configurable control leads action/pass thru and interface conversion capabilities support a variety of applications and circuit placement. The 2270 High Speed Universal Modem link can be the circuit, or used to extend the circuit from the application to another transmission system such as Satellite, Microwave or the Public Network. Special clocking and control lead options specifically address Red Side and Black Side Crypto requirements.
Whether your requirements are to enhance InfoSec/ComSec, to link voice, video or Internet traffic to District Headquarters, or to transport critical data, the 2270 maximizes network availability and reduces problem resolution time and efforts. You gain reduced CAPEX and OPEX costs, greater user satisfaction, and increased overall success.
Model 2270 User Port Interfaces Options – Interface Modules
- RS-232 on a DB25 Connector
- RS-422/RS-449 with RTS Forced Lo on a DB-37 Connector
- RS-422/RS-449 with RTS Forced Hi on a DB-37 Connector
- RS-422/RS-530 on a DB25 Connector
- V.35 on a MRC-34 Connector with Control Lead Support
- TTL on BNC Connectors
- RS-422 on Twinax Connectors
- RS-422/RS-449 High-speed on a DB-37 Connector
- Mil-188-114A on Twinax Connectors
- Mil-188-114A on a DB-37 Connector
- RS-422/RS-530 with Programmable Buffered Interface on a DB-25 Connector
- ECL, Programmable on a DB-25 Connector
- No Interface Module Installed
Model 2270 Network Port Interfaces Options
- 850nm 6dB LED, Multimode, ST Connectors
- 1310nm 10dB Laser, Single Mode, ST Connectors
- 1310nm 15dB Laser, Single Mode, ST Connectors