1G Multiport Network Interface Device – Model 9145EMP
- Native Ethernet over Fiber Transport and Termination
- Powerful Management and Security Features
- 4 Flexible User Ports with Dual Mode UTP/SFP Interfaces, 2 Network Interfaces with SFP Optics
- Advanced Diagnostic and Performance Measurements
- Comprehensive VLAN, QoS, SLA and Traffic Filtering for User Traffic/Core Network Compatibility, 16 QoS Queues
- Standards based Network Interface Device terminating Network and User Interfaces and Facilities
- Jumbo Packet Support
- Single and Redundant Power Supplies, AC & DC Versions
- Standard and Advanced Models for Basic Service termination to the most Sophisticated Services
- Performance Measuring and Availability Monitoring to Ensure the Network is Delivering Services Customer Expect
- Supports MEF Defined Services
- NEBS Level 3 Tested and Certified for assured performance and safety
9145EMP Application Overview
Data traffic from 3G and 4G/LTE Services greatly increases bandwidth requirements over voice only services and add the requirement for Ethernet Interfaces. When upgrading existing cell sites, often the existing TDM access is retained and the new Ethernet access is added. In both Upgrade and New sites, the preference is for a single access link for both TDM and Ethernet traffic. Existing SONET/SDH, Microwave and copper based system do not have the bandwidth available or require expensive upgrades to add Ethernet Capabilities. Metro Ethernet Services has become a popular solution to the bandwidth and connectivity needs.
The 9145EMP Multi-port NID is the solution when access for multiple Wireless Service Operators from a single site is needed or when T-1/E-1 connectivity, using TDM over Ethernet, is needed in addition to the Ethernet connectivity.
The 9145EMP terminates Metro Ethernet Services at the cell site. Each of its four User Ports supports the same features, functions and capabilities as available on the 9145E (9145E Product Page 9145E Application) including Advanced OAM, CFM, Performance Measuring, Service Availability Monitoring, C- and S- Tagging of Customer Traffic.
The four User Ports support terminating services at multiple customers and support both UTP and Optical (single mode and multimode) Ethernet Interfaces.
The 9145EMP’s cable diagnostics assure UTP Demarc connectivity to the BSE demarcation block. The 9145EMP’s cable diagnostics reports on cable faults, impairments and length, giving your network operations people the tool to remotely determine cable health, if the customer has cabling problems and what they are. This maintains high service availability and prevents unnecessary truck rolls.
Should the network link be oversubscribed, customer traffic on each port is classified into 1 to 4 priority queues resulting in up to 16 queues for the network link. Traffic is then queued onto the network link for transport on the Metro Ethernet Network. TDM traffic prioritization over Ethernet traffic means the latency, jitter and packet loss sensitive TDM traffic is delivered within specifications with performance degrading congestion impacting only the more tolerant Ethernet traffic.
The 9145EMP supports the 3G/4G/LTE connectivity you need by your customers and subscribers and maintaining high satisfaction, revenue protection and profitability.