- Optically Extends T-3/DS-3 up to 100km
- Transparent to Line Coding, Passes FDL and FEAC Overhead Bits
- Continuous Non-intrusive BERT on Optical Link
- Retimes and Reshapes the DS-3 Signal
- Powerful Management and Security Features
- SideBand Management Channel for Full Non-Interruptive Management of Remote Modem
- Local and Remote Loopback Diagnostics
- Multimode, Single Mode and CWDM Optics Options
- UCS1002 Rack Mount and Standalone Enclosure Mounting for Central and Remote Locations
- 1020 Standalone Managed Enclosure Compatible for Remote Locations
- NEBS Level 3 Tested and Certified for Assured Performance and Safety
2346 Application Overview
Reliable transport of user traffic is key to customer satisfaction. Just as important is the ability to meet a variety of applications and circuit configurations quickly and economically. The 2346 T-3 Fiber Optic Modem has resiliency and flexibility built-in. With a variety of Single Mode, Multimode, 1310nm, 1550nm, CWDM and Single Fiber optics options, the 2346 has optics fitting your needs. The 2346 is a UCS1002 type (2 RU high) modem. Its Advanced Management Processor supports the Ethernet and Serial Management ports of the 1020 Enclosure.
DS-3 circuits are usually not cheap and as a result, used to transport mission/business critical traffic. To minimize downtime, when these high value circuits are out of service, you need the ability to remotely configure, monitor status, and diagnose troubles quickly and without disrupting user traffic. The 2346's comprehensive management suite provides you the tools to keep services up and running. The 2346 implements Canoga Perkins' SideBand Management Channel (SBMC) for continuous management communication with the distant modem. SideBand Management Channel resides outside the user data stream on the fiber, providing management communication without any disruption to the user's traffic. The monitoring and diagnostic features allows quick identification of problem origins.
Whether your requirements are to enhance InfoSec/ComSec, to link voice, video or Internet traffic to District Headquarters, or to transport critical data over 100Km, the 2346's comprehensive management maximizes network availability and reduces problem resolution time and efforts. You get reduced CAPEX and OPEX costs, greater user satisfaction, and increased overall success.
Alternative Products - 2346
|5 RU Module, UCS 1000 Chassis Mount||YES|
|2 RU Module, UCS 1002 Chassis Mount||YES|
|ITU G.826 Performance Monitoring||YES|
|Extended T-3 Signal Jitter Tolerance||YES|
|Advanced Management Processor for use in 1020/1040 Enclosures||YES|
|Standalone Enclosure for Rack Mount Module||YES||YES|
|1310nm Single Mode Optics||YES||YES|
|1550nm Long Reach Optics||YES||YES|