- T-1 and E-1 Switch Selectable
- AMI, B8ZS and HDB3 Support, Passes Bi-Polar Violations
- Continuous Non-intrusive BERT on Optical Link
- Field Interchangeable, Hot Swappable Electrical and Optical Interfaces
- Full Modem Redundancy
- Powerful Management and Security Features
- SideBand Management Channel for Full Non-Interruptive Management of Remote Modem
- Local and Remote Loopback Diagnostics
- Rack Mount and Standalone Enclosure Options for Central and Remote Locations
- NEBS Level 3 Tested and Certified for Assured Performance and Safety
2361 Application Overview
Reliable transport of user traffic is key to customer satisfaction. Just as important is the ability to meet a variety of applications and circuit configurations quickly and economically. The 2361 T-1 / E-1 Fiber Optic Modem has resiliency and flexibility built-in. With a variety of plug-in Single Mode, Multimode, 1310nm, and 1550nm optic options, the 2361 has optics fitting your needs. The 2361 supports Redundant Modem operation, protecting not only the Fiber Optic Path, but also Modem Hardware failures. Thus helping to keep those critical, must stay-up applications, up and on-line.
Mission/business critical traffic are often transport using T-1 / E-1 circuit. To minimize downtime, when these critical circuits are down, you need the ability to remotely configure, monitor status, and diagnose troubles quickly and without disrupting user traffic. The 2361's comprehensive management suite provides you the tools to keep critical circuits up and running. The 2361 implements Canoga Perkins' SideBand Management Channel (SBMC) for continuous management communication with the distant modem, or modems (redundant modem configuration). SideBand Management Channel resides outside the user data stream on the fiber, providing management communication without any disruption to the user's traffic. The monitoring and diagnostic features allow quick identification of problem origins. The 2361 performs a continuous Link Bit Error Rate Test to measure link quality. Network Control is instantly notified of degrading conditions and often able to correct the impairment before the condition gets severe enough to effect service. .
Management connectivity is key to redundant modem operation. Management communication paths between local modems and SideBand Management Channel allow all four modem to communicate with each other and coordinate actions. SideBand Management Channel operates on both fiber paths allowing full management communication even in the event of a fiber failure on one of the links. This provides Network Management Personnel full access and visibility at all times, allowing quick response to situations.
Whether your requirements are to enhance InfoSec/ComSec, to link voice, video or Internet traffic to District Headquarters, or to transport critical data over 100Km, the 2361's comprehensive management maximizes network availability and reduces problem resolution time and efforts. You get reduced CAPEX and OPEX costs, greater user satisfaction, and increased overall success.
- T-1/E-1 on a DA-15 Connector
- T-1/E-1 on a RJ-48 Jack
- T-1/E-1 on a DA-15 Connector for Redundant Modem Operation
- T-1/E-1 on a RJ-48 Jack for Redundant Modem Operation
Model 2361 Network Port Interfaces Options – Interface Modules (OLIMs)
- 1310nm 17dB Laser, Single Mode/Multimode, ST Connectors
- 1310nm 17dB Laser, Single Mode/Multimode, SC Simplex Connectors
Alternative Products - 2361
|T-1/E-1 Selection||Switch Selectable||Switch Selectable||Switch Selectable||Interface Module||Interface Module||Switch Selectable|
|1310nm Single Mode Optics||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|1550nm Long Reach Optics||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|