- Protocol Transparent – Any Protocol, SONET / SDH / ESCON / FICON / Fibre Channel / Digital TV / Ethernet / Others...
- Passive Module, Requires No Power
- Industry Standard ITU CWDM Wavelengths
- Low Insertion Loss
- Drop & Insert and Drop & Continue Models
- Rack Mount and Standalone Enclosure
- NEBS Level 3 Tested and Certified for Assured Performance and Safety
OADM Application Overview
The OADM Add/Drop Multiplexer is available in two configurations, Add/Drop Configuration and Drop & Continue Configuration. The Add/Drop Mux diagrammed above accesses the composite Optical link extracting/inserting a single channel in both the East and West directions. Note that the extracted wavelength ( l #2) is present on the composite optical link on both sides of the Multiplexer as two different circuits. The Drop & Continue diagrammed below extracts/inserts a channel in one direction only. Add/Drop and Drop & Continue configurations used in combination on a link allows reuse of wavelengths and optimizes the CWDM System for your particular needs.